If you aren't into drinking tea you should seriously consider it. They have so many benefits for your health and skin. Here are reasons why.....
When your insides are working properly, it really shows on the outside. Our advice is that you look after your inside as unhealthy gut can show up in skin conditions like eczema, acne, dry skin, excessive oil production etc
Drinking tea every week with a healthy diet can help. You can choose how you want to use it's benefits, you can drink it or apply it directly on your skin.
There are so many to choose from and each work in their own special way to keep your skin looking beautiful.
Best Teas for Healthier skin
Peppermint tea: hormonal acne
- If you tend to get hormonal acne, reach for minty tea like Peppermint tea and Spearmint tea. The menthol in them can help improve hormonal imbalances and slow the production of excess sebum on the skin.
- This tea encourages cell turnover, gets rid of dead skin cells and makes your skin stay consistently glowing.
Chamomile tea: stress relief
- The ultimate stress reliever! It is ideal for inducing feelings of calm, rest, and encouraging better sleep which are critical for allowing the skin to naturally heal and imperative for glowing skin.
- Great for reducing puffiness and tiredness around the eyes when tea bag is applied directly to the eyes.
Rooibos tea: anti-aging
- A major player in anti-aging! It has high levels of antioxidants, zinc, and alpha-hydroxy acids that give it the ability to prevent and reverse fat loss under the skin, and protects against harmful free radicals.
- Rooibos tea’s also rich in zinc, which can help correct hormonal imbalances that trigger acne
White tea: rejuvenation
- The purest tea! Contains the highest level of antioxidants of all teas. It can help to slow the skin-aging process and prevent collagen and elastin breakdown.
Jasmine tea: reducing oily skin
- Consuming jasmine green tea is a good way to absorb the nutrients your skin needs such as it's anti-inflammatory properties that helps reduce oily skin, soothes acne, blemishes and acts as an anti-aging vehicle to keep your skin feeling fresh and youthful.
- Applying the jasmine tea topically will have a quicker/stronger effect.
Green tea: reducing inflammation
- Green tea reduces inflammation that can be seen in acne prone and sensitive skin types. It maintains healthy skin cells, and can help internally protect against sun damage caused by UV radiation.
- Reason behind this is its high presence of ECGC, a super-potent antioxidant that is known to reactivate dying skin cells.