We do everything to prevent facial acne, but what about the body? As the humidity rises, many people experience body acne which is very hard to get rid of. Concerned about body acne, keep reading, here is everything you need to know about it.
What is Body acne?
Body acne is a skin condition that happens when hair follicles, oil, and dead skin cells are trapped under the skin. Body Acne is most common in teenagers and young adults about 60% of young adults suffer from body acne.
What causes Body acne?
The back and chest are often the most affected areas for body acne and can be some of the most stubborn and challenging to treat.There are many things that can cause body acne:
- Fatty foods and dairy products
- Hormone imbalance or medication
- Heavy pore-clogging moisturisers or sunscreen
- Post-workout sweaty or dirty clothing
- Tight clothing
How to Prevent Body Acne?
- Wear comfortable cotton clothing- tight clothes can cause friction on the skin and allow acne to increase or get worse so wear breathable clothes with natural fibers.
- Change your sheets and pillowcases regularly.
- Do not stay in sweaty clothes, shower straight after working out as sweat increases the possibility of acne breakouts.
- Keep your hormones balanced
How to Get Rid of Body Acne?
- Switch your body washes and hair products : for ones that are not irritating and would not clog your pores.Harsh chemicals can also cause body acne, if you have sensitive skin always use gentle body cleanser like :
- Cera ve gentle cleanser
- Red Rose Naturals - African Black soap
- Blood Orange Blemish Beauty Bar
- Bea Retinol Exfoliating Body wash
- Exfoliate once at least once a week: Use gentle scrubs or chemical exfoliator to unclog the pores like :
- Lactic Acid exfoliator
- Crave Body Luxurious Scrub
- Kola Nut Scrub- Lemongrass & Peppermint
- Exotic Bitter Kola Scrub
- Use cleansing oils and soothing gels:This will help to hydrate and soothe the body acne.
- Speak with a doctor: If your body acne does not go away after caring for it or becomes very irritable, speak with a doctor to see what treatment options are available. This can be due to hormonal inbalance.
Treating body acne can take a long time, but if you try the above skincare recommendation correctly, you will be able to say goodbye to body acne pretty soon.