When it comes to skincare and having a good skincare routine it is important to have some knowledge about the ingredients that you are using on your skin. This article will explain each of the ingredients and the benefits they have.
Let’s break down the different acids and ingredients:
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs)
The most common AHAs are glycolic acid (sugar cane) and lactic acid (dairy products).
- Recommended for normal to dry, dehydrated and sun damaged skin
- Helps exfoliate and even out skin tone and texture
Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHAs)
The most common BHAs are salicylic acid (willow bark).
- Recommended for normal to oily, acne prone skin
- Help to reduce oil production and unclog pores
- Great for plumping the skin and providing hydration
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Vitamin C (citrus fruits)
- Brightens skin
- Hydrates and evens out skin tone
- Help diminish acne scarring
- Increase the appearance of firmness and plumps the skin
- Improve uneven skin tone and smooth skin texture
- Reduce the appearance of ageing
- Helps reduce enlarged pores
- Improve uneven skin tone
- Boosts hydration
Check out our article on Which skincare ingredients you should and shouldn't mix together to help you build your skincare routine.