Summer's almost over, which means the heat from the radiator is up, the air is drier and this can affect your skin. Your skin may become dry, dehydrated and have more flare ups of eczema or itchy skin. So, your skincare routine needs to change to prepare for the new season. Here's some tips straight from our founder, and skincare specialist, Abi.
1. Ease your way to a new skincare routine
- Swap cleansers-opt in for a gently exfoliating cleanser if you have oily skin. For drier skin, choose a creamy, hydrating one.
- Use hydrating serums with antioxidants- choose hydrating serums with hyaluronic acid or niacinamide. Try vitamin c to even out your skin tone, and to reduce premature ageing and address dullness too.
- Use rich moisturisers- swap your lightweight moisturiser for a richer one. Ingredients, such as peptides, ceramides, glycerine and amino acids will help replenish your skin during the colder months.
2. Enhance your routine
- Continue to wear sunscreen every day! Even on cloudy days, the UV rays don't go away.
- Less sunshine means less vitamin D. Take your vitamins to improve the appearance of the skin and help with dullness.
- Mask- swap your clay mask for a moisturising one.
- Take your exfoliation down a notch. Keep it to once to two times per week and focus on replenishing the skin
3. Moisturise and exfoliate your body
- Go for heavier creams made with ceramides, shea butter or glycerine for the body
- Gentle body care is best- dry brush or use a gentle physical exfoliant 3 times per week
Share with your friends to help them get ready for the colder months!