Getting rid of blackheads can be a pain, especially finding the right products to help you clear and prevent them without damaging your skin.
Here we will recommend products for your skin routine that work well for oily skin, but first, let us understand what blackheads are.
WHAT ARE BLACKHEADS?
Blackheads form when oil and dead skin cells build up and block your pores. The black colour comes when air interacts with the mixture – like what happens to an apple that is cut open.
5 WAYS TO PREVENT BLACKHEADS
Prevention is important when it comes to clearing blackheads.
Untreated blackheads can become breakouts, so it’s important to keep pores clear with these tips
1. DOUBLE CLEANSING
The most common methods to double cleansing:
- First cleanse - wash your face with a pure oil, oil-based liquid cleanser, cleansing balm, or cleansing cloth.
- Second cleanse - use a regular, water-soluble cream, gel, or lotion cleanser suitable for your skin type.
- After double cleansing, clear away excess dead skin cells with a powder exfoliate.
- Use a scrub or leave-on exfoliate that contains ingredients like salicylic acid.
3. FACE MASKS
- Apply a mask once or twice a week.
- Use masks designed to help soften and clear blackheads, with ingredients such as clay or activated charcoal.
- Masks containing sulfur can help remove dead skin cells.
4. CONTROL BACTERIA
- Apply an antibacterial booster or serum daily to help kill bacteria.
- Use products with salicylic acid, azelaic acid, and thymol ingredients.
- Keep your skin balanced with a light-weight face moisturizer.
- Avoid moisturizers will cause your skin to be imbalanced and will cause your skin to produce excess oil.
- Moisturizing helps prevent excess oils from clogging your pores.